Elon Musk's Roadmap to the Future
If you own Tesla's Model S electric car, you can travel for free along well-traveled highways in North America by accessing strategically placed supercharge stations.
If you own Tesla's Model S electric car, you can travel for free along well-traveled highways in North America by accessing strategically placed supercharge stations. The trouble is, only 8 of those stations exist today. But that number is going to change rapidly. This summer, Tesla plans to grow that number to 27 stations. This fall, Elon Musk's company plans to cover "most metropolitan areas." Fast froward to 2015, and 98% of the US and Canada will be covered, as depicted in the image above.
Find out more here.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.