Elon Musk's Roadmap to the Future
If you own Tesla's Model S electric car, you can travel for free along well-traveled highways in North America by accessing strategically placed supercharge stations.
If you own Tesla's Model S electric car, you can travel for free along well-traveled highways in North America by accessing strategically placed supercharge stations. The trouble is, only 8 of those stations exist today. But that number is going to change rapidly. This summer, Tesla plans to grow that number to 27 stations. This fall, Elon Musk's company plans to cover "most metropolitan areas." Fast froward to 2015, and 98% of the US and Canada will be covered, as depicted in the image above.
Find out more here.
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.