6,000 Year Old Lovers
"Lovers in Mantua" are two 6,000 year old skeletons--a young man and a woman from the Neolithic era--who must have cared for each other very deeply. In 2007, their skeletons were found in this embrace near Mantua, Italy, the site of another young love drama: the exile of Romeo and where he found out that his true love Juliet was dead.
Image via History Pics
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.