100 principal blogs in 100 days!
Okay, I'm putting my money where my mouth is...
Starting today, CASTLE is kicking off an initiative to create 100 new principal blogs in 100 days. We're looking for 100 principals who want to try and tap into the communication power of blogs for their school communities. This initiative is intended to complement the work being done at Class Blogmeister. The focus here is on principals, not teachers or students. Participants can come from anywhere on the globe.
We will create and host the blogs for FREE through at least Summer 2007. More information on participant expectations, how to sign up, etc. is on the Principal Blogging Project home page. We are looking for principals who want to experiment with this new communication medium and are willing to post at least once a week.
100 days from now is January 11, 2007. I will periodically post progress updates both here and on the Principal Blogging Project home page.
Please disseminate this post widely. Let's get some principals blogging!
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- The nation's sixth-largest drug distributor is facing criminal charges related to failing to report suspicious drug orders, among other things.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
- Since 1997, nearly 222,000 Americans have died from prescription opioids, partly thanks to unethical doctors who abuse the system.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The real Game of Thrones might be who best leverages the hit HBO show to shape political narratives.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren argues that Game of Thrones is primarily about women in her review of the wildly popular HBO show.
- Warren also touches on other parallels between the show and our modern world, such as inequality, political favoritism of the elite, and the dire impact of different leadership styles on the lives of the people.
- Her review serves as another example of using Game of Thrones as a political analogy and a tool for framing political narratives.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.