Thursday’s Big Idea
Today's Big Idea: Inside Employers' Minds
After taking the pulse of employers around the world to learn what was on their minds in 2012, Mercer today announced the launch of an initiative to help organizations understand and address their most pressing issues and concerns.
Big Think has partnered up with Mercer on a new series entitled "Inside Employers' Minds: Confronting Critical Workforce Challenges." Over the next few weeks, Big Think will feature content and advice from industry experts in three areas:
- Taking pension risk off the table – Better managing risks related to growing pension liabilities and the potential impact on corporate financial performance
- Making smart benefit choices – Enabling employees to make better choices as they take greater accountability for retirement and health benefit decisions
- Building world-class talent – Finding new ways to build agile, world-class workforces that are ready and able to respond to evolving business needs and new opportunities
There will be video interviews with noted thought leaders at Mercer and from business and academia, including:
- Paul Krugman, The New York Times columnist, Nobel laureate and Professor of Economics and International Affairs at Princeton University
- Tom Glocer, former CEO of Thomson Reuters and a member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum
- Anil Gupta, a leading expert on strategy and globalization and Michael Dingman, Chair in Global Strategy & Entrepreneurship at The University of Maryland at College Park
- David Blake, global pensions expert, Professor of Pension Economics at Cass Business School, City University in London, and Director of the Pensions Institute.
- Alicia Munnell, Professor of Management Sciences at Boston College's Carroll School of Management and Director of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College