SI/USGS Weekly Volcano Activity Report for 7/29-8/4/2009
We've made it to Ohio! Tomorrow I'll hopefully be returning to regularly scheduled updates, but until then, enjoy this week's SI/USGS Weekly Volcano Report.
- KVERT mentions that seismicity has increased recently at both Kizimen and Kliuchevskoi on the Kamchatka Peninsula.
- ~4 km / ~13,500 foot steam-and-ash plumes spotted at Colima in Mexico.
- Rumbling noises, incandescent ejecta and ~4.3 km / 14,000 foot ash plumes at Fuego in Guatemala. Explosions were increasing as the August began.
- It was a busy week in Guatemala, as ash/gas plumes were spotted at Santiaguito and Pacaya as well.
- Ashfall and tremors continue at Nevado del Huila in Colombia as a new wave of eruptions seems to have started.