Your weekly dose of volcanic activity from the USGS/SI. (a little late thanks to an exciting day of column chemistry).Some highlights include:
- A 3.7 km / 12,000 foot ash plume from Karangetang in Indonesia (great name, eh?)
- Lava flows, ash plumes and local ash falls from Slamet in Indonesia.
- White and grey ash plumes rises to ~4 km / 13,000 feet from Colima, Mexico.
- Blocks up to 2-m across were transported by lahars from Fuego in Guatemala. The volcano also produced ~4.6 km / 14,500 foot ash plumes.
- Small ash plume spotted at Barren Island in the Andaman Islands of India.