SI/USGS Weekly Volcano Activity Report for 4/22-28/2009
The weekly USGS/SI roundup is out. Highlights (beyond Slamet) include:
- Explosions (some heard 25 km away) and incandescent blocks that started fires at Galeras, Colombia.
- Ash and tephra being thrown tens of meters into the air and a 4-m tall spatter cone being built at Pacaya, Guatemala
- Also in Guatemala, Santa Maria's Santiaguito dome produced ash plumes and explosions.
- Steam, ash and sulfur odors from the continuing eruption at Redoubt, Alaska.
- Increased seismicity, steam and ash plumes along with a thermal anomaly at El Reventador in Ecuador