Over at Design Sojourn, there's a great list of 7 ways to unlock your inner creativity. Many of the ideas have been adapted from or inspired by IDEO, one of the most innovative industrial design firms in the world:
(1) Set up a dedicated workspace;
(2) Know your "peak period" of creativity flow;
(3) Have a creative community by your side;
(4) Master the art of story-telling;
(5) Read as much as you can about new ideas and new technologies;
(6) Work in other media to work your creative brain cells;
(7) Document your ideas in a notebook or with post-it notes.
Of course, nobody is expected to master all seven of these creativity techniques: "You don’t need all of them to work at once, you just need to identify some of the ways that bests fits your comfort level and try it."
[image: Brainstorming at IDEO]