Based on interviews with over three hundred of the world’s top scientists, who are already inventing the future in their labs, I present the revolutionary developments in medicine, computers, quantum physics, and space travel that will forever change our way of life and alter the course of civilization itself.
Astonishing revelations include:
- The Internet will be in your contact lens.
- It will recognize people’s faces, display their biographies, and even translate their words into subtitles.
- You will control computers and appliances via tiny sensors that pick up your brain scans. You will be able to rearrange the shape of objects.
- Sensors in your clothing, bathroom, and appliances will monitor your vitals, and nanobots will scan your DNA and cells for signs of danger, allowing life expectancy to increase dramatically.
- Radically new spaceships, using laser propulsion, may replace the expensive chemical rockets of today. You may be able to take an elevator hundreds of miles into space by simply pushing the “up” button.
Like Physics of the Impossible and Visions before it, Physics of the Future is an exhilarating, wondrous ride through the next one hundred years of breathtaking scientific revolution.
Wednesday, March 16 — New York City — THE STRAND @ 7:00pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 828 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
Saturday, March 19 — DC — NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM @ 3:00 to 5:00pm - Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ Independence Ave at 6th Street SW Washington, DC 20560
Sunday, March 20 — DC — NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM (Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center) At Dulles Airport @ 2:00 to 4:00pm -- Signing @ 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway Chantilly, VA 20151
Monday, March 21 — New York City — CUNY LECTURE HALL 161 (SIMON HALL) @ 5:30pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031
Wednesday, March 23 — Boston — BOSTON MUSEUM OF SCIENCE | CAHNERS THEATER @ 7:00pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 1 Science Park, Boston MA 02114
Thursday, March 24 — Portland — POWELL'S BOOKS @ 7:30pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 1005 W Burnside, Portland OR
Friday, March 25 — Oakland — CHABOT SPACE & SCIENCE CENTER @ 6:00pm-8:00pm - Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 10000 Skyline Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94611
Sunday, March 27 — San Francisco — EXPLORATORIUM @ 3:00pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 3601 Lyon Street, San Francisco CA 94123
Monday, March 28 — San Francisco — COMMONWEALTH CLUB | CUBBERLEY THEATRE @ 7:00pm @ 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto CA
Wednesday, April 6 — Seattle — UNIVERSITY BOOKS @ 7:30pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, SigningTown Hall @ 1119 8th Ave, Seattle WA 98101
Thursday, April 7 — Minnesota — UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA |COFFMAN MEMORIAL UNION @ 7:00pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis MN 55455
Monday, April 11 — Chicago — UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO | SEMINARY CO-OP (International House) @ 6:00pm -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ 1414 E. 59th Street, Home Room, 2nd Floor, Chicago IL
Monday, May 9 — New York City — HAYDEN PLANETARIUM Time TBD -- Reading/Lecture, Q&A, Signing @ Central Park West and 79th Street, New York NY