Here are my top 20 TED Talks podcasts for busy principals and superintendents (in no particular order). These are the TED presentations that I think are most likely to interest, educate, and entertain administrators as well as make them think!
- Kevin Kelly on the next 5,000 days of the web
- Barry Schwartz on our loss of wisdom
- Brewster Kahle builds a free digital library
- Jonathan Drori on what we think we know
- Mae Jemison on teaching arts and sciences together
- Patti Maes demos the Sixth Sense
- Clay Shirky on institutions vs. collaboration
- Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity
- David Perry on videogames
- Stuart Brown says play is more than fun
- Sugata Mitra shows how kids teach themselves
- Charles Leadbeater on innovation
- Michael Merzenich on re-wiring the brain
- Dave Eggers' wish: Once upon a school
- Ray Kurzweil on how technology will transform us
- Alan Kay shares a powerful idea about ideas
- Howard Rheingold on collaboration
- Erin McKean redefines the dictionary
- Richard Baraniuk on open-source learning
- Ann Cooper talks school lunches
Load these onto an iPod, hand it to a busy school administrator, and say, "Here are some presentations that I think you'll enjoy while you're exercising or driving around. After you've listened to a few, let me know what you think!"
- Come back tomorrow for my list of the top 10 2008 K12 Online Conference podcasts for busy school administrators.