Is anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the information available here at NECC? It's bad enough when we're at home, but the focused concentration of all of these people on this single event within a short time period, combined with the proliferating use of both older tools (Twitter, blogs, RSS, tags) and newer tools (Summize, Ustream, CoverItLive), along with all of the new people I'm meeting (and thus want to add to my 'personal learning network'), is leading to some serious mental overload.
Is it possible to actually attend conference (and unconference) sessions as well as ... ?
- talk to people
- monitor the various Technorati tags (ebc08, necc, necc08, necc2008, individual session tags)
- monitor the various Flickr tags (ebc08, necc, necc08, necc2008, individual session tags)
- respond to the blog posts, Flickr pictures, or comments that you discover
- post on your own blog!
- follow the NECC conversation in Twitter and Summize and Hitchhikr
- participate in the NECC Ning and/or your Facebook/MySpace social network(s)
- read and respond to cell phone text messages
- track down and read the various wikis, handouts, etc. that are floating around
- track down and watch the various Ustreams and CoverItLive backchannels that are floating around
- investigate some of the new technology tools that you learn about
- and so on (I'm sure I've forgotten something major!) ...
Maybe I'm getting old, but my brain hurts. In a good way, but it still hurts.
Photo credit: 'a' stands for headache