Sometimes THE PUSH has a tough day. Yesterday we only identified 2 excellent school counseling / college and career counseling / school psychology education blogs. We're doing okay in most other areas but could use some help with these:
- agricultural education (only have 3),
- family / consumer sciences education blogs (only have 2),
- drama / theater education blogs (only have 1),
- vocational / applied / industrial technology education blogs (only have 2), and
- physical / health education blogs (only have 6).
Today we focus on ATHLETICS AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES. Who's doing a great job of using a blog to publicize their athletic and/or extracurricular programs? We need both elementary and secondary examples. If you know of some, please add them to the Moving Forward wiki.
Why are we doing this?
- To identify blogs that P-12 teachers can use to initially seed (or expand) their RSS readers
- To create a single location where P-12 educators can go to see excellent subject-oriented educational blogging
- To highlight excellent disciplinary blogging that deserves larger audiences
- To learn from disciplines other than our own and get ideas about our own teaching and/or blogging
Thanks in advance for helping with this initiative. If we all contribute, two weeks from now we should have a bevy of excellent subject-specific blogs to which we can all point. Please spread the word about THE PUSH!